Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Letter to Cousin

Dear Cousin,

· I like to think of a PR person as the middleman. They smooth out issues and establish relationships between corporations and the media, or other third parties. The way I look at PR people are as the facilitators, they are the people who grease the wheel so it runs smoothly. They know how to develop, execute, and evaluate programs that influence others. PR practitioners as they are sometimes called are very capable and diverse in what they do. Just to name a few; they research, work with marketing, counsel, work with community relations, and investor relations. They are the mediators; with them companies succeed, without them companies fail. This is a very brief summary of what public relations really is but I hope this has helped you understand a bit more.

Your cousin,

Chris Givens

2 comments:

  1. I though that this was a good summary of what PR is. I liked the part about the diversity a PR job includes and your explination of PR being the middleman. I would have liked to have heard a bit more about the type of writing/ how PR people communicate but overall it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful analogies Chris. I'm impressed. I liked how you talked about the different roles PR can have in a company;

    ReplyDelete