Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Press Release 4 Draft

FOR IMMEDIATE RELASE: Mar. 1, 2010

Brad Thorn, president and founder

CrossFit Cache Valley

435-699-0000

Crossfitcachevalley.com

CrossFit comes to Cache Valley

One of the world’s most effective training programs is now available in Cache Valley.

LOGAN, Utah-What is CrossFit? “CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide.” –crossfitcachevalley.com

CrossFit is a program that does not specialize, and by design is broad, general and inclusive. CrossFit athletes in theory have the endurance for a marathon yet the strength and flexibility for heavy Olympic lifting. “We teach basic to advanced level classes in functional exercise, athletic conditioning, plyometrics, kettle bell training, Olympic weightlifting, medicine ball and dumbbell training, power-lifting, gymnastics, rowing, running and jumping rope.” –Brad Thorn, CEO and founder, CFCV

Routine fitness can benefit everyone in Cache Valley, especially the students. Stress and anxiety can be very debilitating, exercise is the best way to combat that.

“CrossFit has become part of who I am, I see the results in how I study, socialize, eat, sleep and basically live my best.” Dusty Wynn, student, Utah State University 
 
 


Classes are generally less than an hour long and are quarter past the hour every day. A more complete schedule can be found at crossfitcachevalley.com

For more information contact:

Chris Givens

434-401-8468

C.D.Givens@aggiemail.usu.edu

-END-

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chris I just found out that I'm in your group. If you could let me know if we have any meetings set up for the assignment on Monday or what I need to do that would be great. A little feedback on this release. I like the information you have your lead paragraph is good I would consider dropping the question What is Cross fit? to begin. Just jump right into the definition of it. It looks like you need a boiler plate just to sum up everything about Cache Valley cross fit. Include how long they have been here, your release makes it sound like they just got here but I know my brother-in-law has been going for over a year. You have great info and its length is perfect good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your press release I wouldn't put a question or a quote in the lead. I would start it out with talking about fitness or something like that. You have a lot of description on the company though, which is good. It kind of sounds like you're advertising in the second paragraph so just reword it. Nice work though.

    ReplyDelete